Garnish: Mise-en-Place| Foody Categories| ITCC:If thoughts could cook!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Garlic and Mushroom cream Pasta

After a somewhat long break, I'm back to tingle your tastebuds with another one of my all time favourite recipes. Actually to be very honest, I am not much of mushroom person myself. But because of 'him' I have started eating them...because he is crazy about mushrooms. *I can see my future!! ;)*
Till today I can only have small button varieties in my pasta or pizza..no more!

But 'he' absolutely loves this one whenever I make it...so here we go.

Garlic and Mushroom cream Pasta


Ingredients --

1 packet Penne Pasta
1 200-300ml tub of Thickened cream (can use lite one too!)
2-3 cloves of garlic cut in small pieces
A handful (or as much as you like) white button mushrooms halved/thinly sliced
a few table spoons of olive oil(preferable)/cooking oil
Chilli flakes (optional or how hot u'd like)
Crushed Black pepper
Salt to taste
a few Basil leaves for dressing


Method --
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions in the packet. Drain and put aside.
2. In a wide pan, heat the oil, then add garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pepper and the chilli flakes so they get fried a bit with the garlic n mushroom.
3. Add the cream and bring the mixture to a steady simmer. Do not overcook because the cream may start getting watery.
4. Add the boiled pasta and season it with salt *and pepper if you need more* and mix well.
5. Pour in a bowl and dress it with parmesan cheese and basil leaves.

Its that easy and truly ummylicious!
This is so quick to make that you wont believe!!

8 Comments:

Blogger anumita said...

I am gonna try this tonight!

July 06, 2005 11:57 PM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Sure!! :D
let me know how you go!!

July 07, 2005 12:21 AM  
Blogger Invincible said...

hmmm i m not a pasta freak, but after reading this i m feeling really hungry now.

July 07, 2005 10:25 AM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Invincible: LOL!! Then you should try it out... its good to try new stuff once in a while. :)

July 07, 2005 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im hungry now.......
me not a mushroom person....
but the recipe is interesting...some day try karongi....
ciao

July 09, 2005 5:02 AM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Divya: Hey!! Thats what I was as well.... I wasn't into mushrooms much at all...but started with the small white ones..(as they looked the least threatening!) :D and now I enjoy mushrooms in my pizza and pasta. ;)

July 16, 2005 8:56 PM  
Blogger Nupur said...

Hagrid: Good for you!! There are these 2 recipes here and I'll post more soon. ;)

July 16, 2005 8:57 PM  
Blogger Samba said...

I wonder if even Chinese chefs have mastered this many recipes!

September 01, 2005 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home