Before we begin a note - This recipe being a Hungarian recipe tastes great with 'red Hungarian paparika'. But if you dont have that, then normal hot chilli powder will do.
1 large bowl full of soybean nuggets (about 20-25 pieces) soaked in hot water for 1/2hour.
1 packet elbow macaroni Pasta
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 can of tomato puree
1 medium tomato diced
Hungarian Paparika or Red chilli powder
Chilli flakes (optional or how hot u'd like)
Crushed Black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions in the packet. Drain and put aside.
2. In a wide pan, heat the oil, then add garlic and onions and cook till the onions are translucent.
3. Squeeze the soybean chunks to get rid of excess water and add to the pan and season with paparika, black pepper and the chilli flakes so they get fried with the rest.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. (make sure not to add any water) And then add the tomato puree and continue to cook.
5. Mix the pasta with the soybean mixture and season with salt and pepper.
* The authentic recipe also includes potatoes, so you can add diced potatoes in the beginning.
* If the soy chunks become huge after soaking - cut them into halves or quaters for bite size pieces.
* Can add corn kernels for a brighter look!
* Can add peas if you'd like a sweeter taste.